Jamaican Guinea Hen Weed (Wildcrafted) Anamu Herb
Wild-harvested Jamaican Guinea Hen Weed (Petiveria alliacea) or Anamu - leaves, stems and roots - is widely used in Jamaica due to its extensive catalog of health benefits. Some of these benefits include:
• It boosts the immune system
• It is effective in the treatment of cancer, as two of the phytochemical compounds in the plant are believed to destroy cancer cells while leaving healthy cells unharmed
• It has been proven to be effective against harmful organisms such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses
• It is rich in antioxidants.
• It is used as a treatment for cold and flu symptoms and other respiratory conditions.
• It is effective in reducing fevers.
• It is an effective pain reliever.
• It lowers blood sugar.
•It has antispasmodic properties.
• It is a traditional remedy for arthritis and rheumatism — its leaves can be crushed and made into a paste which can be applied to soothe pains and aches.
• It can also be used to stimulate proper digestion and to relieve digestive problems such as bloating and flatulence.
• It fights infections and stimulates the immune system.
• It promotes the release of toxins through increased sweat and urine production.
• It is also used as a natural insect repellent.
WARNING! Pregnant women and those who are trying to conceive should avoid using it because it may cause spontaneous abortions.
HOW TO PREPARE GUINEA HEN WEED TEA
1. Bring 1 litre of water to boil, add one tablespoon of guinea hen weed and simmer on low for 20-20 mintes.
2. Strain and enjoy. The tea is best ingested on an empty stomach.