Hiring - Operations Lead
Position: Operations Lead
Type: Full-time (Contract)
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Compensation: Negotiable with travel stipend
Manage all aspects of operations and logistics : provide labor and effort to assist in the accurate and timely receipt of goods, consolidation of warehoused goods, replenishment from other pick up locations, proper packing & shipping of goods as well as other necessary warehouse functions such as pulling customer orders for delivery, replenishment, housekeeping and inventory control.
As Operations Lead you are responsible for all aspects of goods’ sourcing, inventory management, packing and shipping.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned:
- Source goods for packaging
- Drive to meet suppliers
- Provide accurate invoices and documentation for cash/credit sales on a timely basis.
- Accurate daily stock taking
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Docs, specifically spreadsheets.
- Assembling boxes
- Able to neatly and effectively package goods for shipping.
- Wrap packages and label accurately with customer information
- Ensure accuracy of shipping and readiness for pickup at end of each day or as necessary.
- Drop off multiple packages at the shipping point
- Correctly filling out all necessary paperwork
- Sending customers their relevant shipping details
- The full JCP life cycle - source, inventory, package and ship.
- Ensure proper inventory management.
- Provide accurate invoices and documentation for cash/credit sales to customers on a timely basis
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and organized work environment.
- Receive and respond to telephone calls in a courteous manner.
- Keep invoices and other documents in correct order- numerical where applicable.
- Assist customers with their purchases by giving product information with the best possible service
- Reconcile Petty Cash and float each day.
- Safely and properly receive goods, verifying the load for accuracy.
- Conduct proper put away of goods in the warehouse ensuring safety
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Observes safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with management and peers alike.
- Punctual and consistently available for work.
- Pick and pack orders accurately.
- Performs various other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Daily access to a working motor vehicle (no exceptions)
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in operations
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office/ Google Docs especially spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the internet, relevant computer systems and applications
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of Email: Operations Lead Position.
Let us know why you should be considered!
Applications close August 17th, 2017 at 11:59pm